National Aptitude Test for Architecture (NATA 2019)
Counsel of Architecture (COA) conducts National Aptitude Test for Architecture (NATA) exam for admission to 5 yrs. undergraduate Architecture Program (B.Arch.) across various Universities. NATA 2019 exam schedule will be announced soon on NATA site. Most likely this years exam will be conducted twice. The exam will be conducted on April all across India. This year Aptitude test will be computer based. Drawing test will be pen-paper based. Scoring good marks in NATA and HSC exam is important to get admission into top architecture schools.
Counsel of Architecture (COA) has announced off line paper based NATA 2019 exam for admission to 5 yrs. undergraduate Architecture Program (B.Arch.) across various Universities. The exam will be conducted on 14.04.2019 & 7.7.2019 all across India. This year Aptitude test will be computer based. Drawing test will be pen-paper based
|Registration Start Date||21 Jan 2019|
|Registration Last Date||11 Mar 2019 / 12 June 2019|
|Exam Date||14 April 2019 / 4 July 2019|
|Result Declaration by||3 May 2019 / 21 July 2019|
Please confirm the final dates on www.nata.in site.
|Details of Exam:|
|Exam Sections||Part I: 60 Min. / 120 Marks (Computer Based)
Mathematics (MCQ) – 40 Marks, 40 Questions
General Aptitude (MCQ) – 80 Marks, 40 Questions
Part II: 120 Min./ 80 Marks
Drawing – 2 Sets on A4 Paper, 40 marks each
- 25% in MCQ & Drawing Test individually
- Overall qualifying marks will be decided by COA
Admission Criteria for B.Arch.:
- 10+2 with 50% Marks in PCM and 50% in aggregate
- Valid NATA 2019 score
Algebra, Logarithm, Matrices, Trigonometry, Coordinate Geometry of Two dimensions, Coordinate Geometry of Three dimensions, Calculus, Application of Calculus, Permutation and Combination, Statistics and Probability
The aesthetic sensitivity test measures perception, imagination and observation, creativity and communication along with architectural awareness and comprises of :
- Objects, texture related to architecture and built environment.
- Interpretation of pictorial compositions, visualizing 3D objects from 2D drawing.
- Visualizing different sides of 3D objects.
- Analytical reasoning, mental ability (visual, mental and verbal), Awareness of national/international architects & their creations.
- Imaginative comprehension and expression.
- Mathematical Reasoning: Statements, logical operations like and, or, if and only if,
- implies and implied by. Understanding of tautology, converse, contradiction & contrapositive.
- Sets and Variables: Idea of sets, subsets & power set, complement, union, intersection and difference of sets, Venn diagram, De Morgan’s Laws, Relation and its properties.
Equivalence relations – definition and elementary examples.
- Understanding of Scale and proportion of objects, geometric compositions, shape, building forms and elements, aesthetics, colour texture, harmony and contrast, light & shadows.
- Conceptualization and Visualization through structuring objects in memory.
- Drawing of pattern – both geometrical and abstract.
- Form transformations in 2D and 3D like union, subtraction, rotation, surface and volumes.
- Generating plan, elevation and 3D views of objects.
- Creating 2D and 3D compositions using given shape and forms.
- Perspective drawing, sketching of urbanscape and landscape.
- Common day-to-day life objects like furniture, equipment etc. from memory.
List of Exam Centers will be displayed on www.nata.in site soon. Please download exam brochure from the NATA site. B.Arch. is persued as one of the preferred and professional course after 12th. It gives good career opportunity to grow.
Incepto provides comprehensive training for NATA preparation. Admission for Crash course and regular course has already been started. Crash will be started immediately after the HSC/ 12th exam.
|Name Of The College||Place||Seats|
|MarathwadaMitraMandal College of Architechure||Deccan, Pune||30|
|MVP Samaj’s College of Architechure||Nashik||40|
|Dr.BhanubenNanavati College of Arch. For Women||Karve Nagar, Pune||160|
|Pravara Rural College of Architechture||Loni||40|
|Dr.VasantdadaPatil College of Architecture||Pirangut, Pune||80|
|Allana College of Architecture||Camp, Pune||40|
|Dr.D.Y.Patil College of Architechure||Nigdi, Pune||120|
|Sinhgad College of Architeture||Vadgaon, Pune||160|
|VidyaPratishthan’s school of Architecture||Baramati||40|
|ADA’s Minerva college of Architecture||Ambi, Talegaon|
|Dr.D.Y.Patil College of Architechure||Lohegaon Pune||120|
|Aayojan School of Architechture& Design||Warawadi-Purandar||120|
|SatishMisal Educational Foundations Brick school of Arch.||Pune||80|
|Pravara Rural Education Society’s College of Architechture||Mohu, Nashik||40|
|AnantraoPawar College of Arch.||Parvati, Pune||40|
|S.B.Patil college of Arch. & Design||Nigdi, Pune||80|
|D.Y.Patil School of Architechure||Talegaon||80|
|Indira College of Arch. & Design||Parandwadi, Pune||80|
|Trinity College of Arch.||BopdevGhat, Pune||40|
|Smt.Kashibai`Navale College of Arch.||Ambegaon, Pune||40|
|Bharati Vidyapeeth College of Architecture||Dhankwadi, Pune|
|MIT School of Architecture, ADT Univ.||Loni Kalbhor|
|Symbiosis Skills & Open University||Kivale|
|RachnaSansad Academy Of Architecture (Govt. + aided)||Mumbai||40+60|
|Sir J.J. College of Architecture, Mumbai (aided)||Mumbai||67|