JEE Paper 2 for Architecture 2019
JEE paper2 exam is the another exam other than NATA which is conducted by NTA/ CBSE for B.Arch. admission at SPA & NIT Colleges. From 2019, JEE paper 2 is also conducted twice in the month of January and April. Aptitude and maths exam is conducted online (CBT) on computer while in section 3 you have to draw on the A4 size papers.
JEE Paper 2 Examination Pattern
Section 1: Aptitude Test with 50 Objective Questions for 200 marks
Questions coming in this section test the general awareness, reasoning ability, analytical skills of the students.
Section 2: Maths Test with 30 Objective Questions for 120 marks. The syllabus is the same as the JEE Mains Paper 1 for Maths.
Section 3: will be a Drawing test with 2 Questions (Memory, 2D Design) for 70 marks
Note: Drawing Questions have to attempted on the separate drawing sheet placed with the answer sheet.
JEE Exam Details:
|Exams||What for?||SUBJECTS||Type of Questions||Mode of Exam|
|Paper1 (B.E./B.Tech.)||Engineering||Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics||Objective type with equal weightage to Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics||Computer based Test|
|Paper2 (B.Arch./ B.Planning)||Bachelor of Architecture||Mathematics- Part I Aptitude Test–Part II
Drawing Test–Part III
|Objective type Questions to test drawing aptitude||Computer Based Test (CBT)|
JEE Paper 2 Exam Syllabus
Part – II (Awareness of persons, places, Buildings, Materials.):
- Objects, Texture related to Architecture and build-environment.
- Visualizing three dimensional objects from two dimensional drawings.
- Different sides of three dimensional objects.
- Analytical Reasoning Mental Ability (Visual, Numerical and Verbal).
Part – III (Three dimensional – perception):
- Understanding and appreciation of scale and proportion of objects, building forms and elements, colour texture, harmony and contrast.
- Design and drawing of geometrical or abstract shapes and patterns in pencil.
- Transformation of forms both 2 D and 3 D union, subtraction, rotation, development of surfaces and volumes, Generation of Plan, elevations and 3 D views of objects.
- Creating two dimensional and three dimensional compositions using given shapes and forms.
- Sketching of scenes and activities from memory of urban scape (public space, market, festivals, street scenes, monuments, recreational spaces etc.), landscape (river fronts, jungles. gardens, trees, plants etc.) and rural life.
Note: Candidates must bring their own geometry box set, pencils, erasers and color pencils or crayons.
For more exam details/ registration, please visit NTA website.
JEE Paper 2 Participating Colleges for B.Arch/ B.Plan
- BITS Mesra
- DIT University, Mussoorie Diversion Road, Dehradun
- K N Modi University, Industrial Area, Newai, Distt Tonk
- Jagannath University, Chaksu, Jaipur.
- Malviya National Institute of Technology, Jaipur
- Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology, Bhopal
- Mizoram University, Aizwal
- NIT Patna
- NIT Hamirpur
- NIT Raipur, Chhattisgarh
- NIT Trichy
- NIT Calicut
- School of Planning and Architecture, Bhopal (Madhya Pradesh)
- School of Planning and Architecture, I.P. Estate, New Delhi (SPA, Delhi)
- School of Planning and Architecture, Vijaywada (Andhra Pradesh)
- School of Engineering Sharda University, Knowledge Park, Greater Noida.
- Shri Mata Vaishno Devi University, Katra-182320 (J & K)
- Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology, Nagpur.
Note: The Candidates who wish to do B.Arch./B. Planning form Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) must appear for Architecture Aptitude Test (AAT) conducted by IITs after qualifying JEE Advanced. The list of qualified candidates for AAT is published by CBSE after JEE Advanced examination.