JEE Main Paper 2: – Examination Pattern
Section 1: Aptitude Test with 50 Objective Questions for 200 marks
Questions coming in this section test the general awareness, reasoning ability, analytical skills of the students. The syllabus for this is given below.
Section 2: Maths Test with 30 Objective Questions for 120 marks. The syllabus is the same as the JEE Main 2015 Paper 1 for Maths.
Section 3: will be a Drawing test with 2 Questions (Memory, 2D Design) for 70 marks
Note: Drawing Questions have to attempted on the separate drawing sheet placed with the answer sheet.
|Exams||What for?||SUBJECTS||Type of Questions||Mode of Exam|
|Paper1 (B.E./B.Tech.)||Engineering||Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics||Objective type with equal weightage to Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics||Pen and Paper based OR Computer based|
|Paper2(B.Arch./ B.Planning)||Bachelor of Architecture||Mathematics- Part IAptitude Test–Part II
Drawing Test–Part III
|Objective type Questions to test drawing aptitude||Only Pen and Paper based|
Fees: Boys: Rs. 1000 , Girls Rs. 500 (Paper Based )
Exam Schedule for JEE Paper 2 : 3rd April 2016
Visit Web Site : www.jeemain.nic.in for more details
JEE Main Paper 2 Syllabus:
Part – II (Awareness of persons, places, Buildings, Materials.):
- Objects, Texture related to Architecture and build-environment.
- Visualizing three dimensional objects from two dimensional drawings.
- Different sides of three dimensional objects.
- Analytical Reasoning Mental Ability (Visual, Numerical and Verbal).
Part – III (Three dimensional – perception):
- Understanding and appreciation of scale and proportion of objects, building forms and elements, colour texture, harmony and contrast.
- Design and drawing of geometrical or abstract shapes and patterns in pencil.
- Transformation of forms both 2 D and 3 D union, sub straction, rotation, development of surfaces and volumes, Generation of Plan, elevations and 3 D views of objects.
- Creating two dimensional and three dimensional compositions using given shapes and forms.
- Sketching of scenes and activities from memory of urban scape (public space, market, festivals, street scenes, monuments, recreational spaces etc.), landscape (river fronts, jungles. gardens, trees, plants etc.) and rural life.
Note: Candidates must bring their own geometry box set, pencils, erasers and color pencils or crayons.
JEE Main B.Arch (Paper -2) – Evaluation in case of Tie
In case of a tie, i.e. when two or more candidates obtain equal marks (by giving 60% weight age to performance in JEE (Main) and 40% weight age to normalized marks in Class 12th or equivalent qualifying examination), inter-se merit of such candidates shall be decided in the following order:
- Rank list for admission to B.Arch/ B.Planning (in institutions other than IITs)
- Resolution by marks obtained in Aptitude Test in Paper-2 (B. Arch./B. Planning.) in JEE (Main) – 2015. Candidate obtaining higher marks will be given better rank.
- Resolution by marks obtained in Drawing Test in Paper-2 (B. Arch./B. Planning.) in JEE (Main) – 2015. Candidate obtaining higher marks will be given better rank.
- Resolution by total normalised qualifying exam marks. Candidates obtaining higher normalised marks will be given better rank.
- Resolution by finding the ratio of positive marks and negative marks. Candidate having higher absolute value of the ratio will be given better rank.
- If the resolution is not possible after this criterion, candidates will be given the same rank.
JEE Main B.Arch (Paper -2) participating Institutions (Colleges)
- Amity School of Engineering, Manesar, Haryana
- Amity School of Engineering, Gwalior
- Amity School of Engineering, Jaipur
- BITS Mesra
- DIT University, Mussoorie Diversion Road, Dehradun
- K N Modi University, Industrial Area, Newai, Distt Tonk
- Jagannath University, Chaksu, Jaipur.
- Malviya National Institute of Technology, Jaipur
- Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology, Bhopal
- Mizoram University, Aizwal
- NIT Patna
- NIT Hamirpur
- NIT Raipur, Chhattisgarh
- NIT Trichy
- NIT Calicut
- School of Planning and Architecture, Bhopal (Madhya Pradesh)
- School of Planning and Architecture, I.P. Estate, New Delhi (SPA, Delhi)
- School of Planning and Architecture, Vijaywada (Andhra Pradesh)
- School of Engineering Sharda University, Knowledge Park, Greater Noida.
- Shri Mata Vaishno Devi University, Katra-182320 (J & K)
- Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology, Nagpur.
Note: The Candidates who wish to do B.Arch./B. Planning form Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) must appear for Architecture Aptitude Test (AAT) conducted by IITs after qualifying JEE Advanced. The list of qualified candidates for AAT is published by CBSE after JEE Advanced examination.